Configuring an Additional IP Address on a Windows Server
Login to you server via 'Remote desktop connection.' Go to the Start menu > Control Panel and open 'Network and Sharing Centre' (see Screen 1):
Steps for Configuring an IP Address
- Login to you server via 'Remote desktop connection.' Go to the Start menu > Control Panel and open 'Network and Sharing Centre' (see Screen 1):
- Click 'Manage Network Connections' [or 'change adapter settings' depending on your OS] from the left menu (see Screen 2):
- Right click 'Local Area Connection' (see Screen 3) and select 'Local Area Connection Properties':
- If you see the following message, just click 'Continue' (See Screen 4):
- Make sure 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' is checked and click 'Properties' (see Screen 5):
- Click 'Advanced' when shown Screen 6:
- Then click 'Add' under 'IP addresses' (see Screen 7):
- Enter the new IP to the right of 'IP address' and then type 255.255.255.248 to the right of 'Subnet Mask' (see Screen 8). Click 'Add.'
- Click 'OK' twice and then 'Close.'
NOTE: If you would like to add another IP address, simply repeat steps 7 and 8 for each new IP.
* The offer is £100 Cloud Hosting credit when purchasing any Cloud Hosting plan using the displayed voucher code. This credit is only redeemable for 30 days following the qualifying purchase. This offer is restricted to new customers only, cannot be applied to renewals and used in conjunction with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Simply Cloud Limited. Any customers who do not use the voucher code - 100CREDIT, will receive £10 credit, this credit is only redeemable for 30 days following the qualifying purchase. All prices displayed are exclusive of VAT, please note, for EU customers VAT rates payable will be subject to your country of residence.