Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our answers to some of the most common questions about control panels. If you do not find the information you need, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0345 259 1234 Monday through Friday between 8am - 6pm GMT.
- Why might I need a control panel?
- Control panels help you manage websites and hosting accounts by streamlining processes such as creating databases, managing website files and setting up email account and automatic responses. They give you complete control over a wide range of functions and allow you to customize your web hosting experience to suit your needs. If you're unfamiliar with the administration of a dedicated or virtual server, or purchasing one of our packaged solutions that includes customer support, we highly recommend that a control panel be included in your installation.
- What control panels do you offer?
- Control panel options include Simply Cloud, cPanel and Plesk. Simply Cloud control panels are automatically installed with our servers to give you full access to your installed services. Plesk and cPanel control panels can further simplify server and website management and be installed for an additional cost. Both are fast, stable and secure. The biggest difference between the two is that cPanel does not run on Windows. There are also differences in the user interface that may make one more suitable to your business than the other.
- Why isn't the cost included in your server costs?
- Plesk and cPanel are licensed software that comes with either a monthly or annual cost based on usage. Since control panels are optional, we only charge our customers for what they need.
- How do I add a control panel to my server order?
- If you are ready to place an order, be sure to select a CentOS operating system for cPanel and a CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian or Windows operating system for Plesk. If you need assistance choosing an operating system and control panel combination that is best for your business, please call us at 0345 259 1234.
To add a control panel to an existing order, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 0345 259 1234 when you are notified by email that your order is in the process of being fulfilled. Please note that cPanel is available only on CentOS operating systems. To expedite the process, please state that you accept the licensing charges and understand that your server will be reimaged; a process that wipes a server of all previous changes/uploads and restores it to the original state.
- How do add a control panel if I've already installed my server?
- If you have made configuration changes or uploaded files to your server, be sure to copy these and save them off the server before the control panel is installed. Plesk and cPanel require reimaging, a process that wipes a server of all previous changes/uploads and restores it to the original state. Once your information is safe, email us at or call us at 0345 259 1234 and ask that Plesk or cPanel be added to your server. To expedite the process, please state that you accept the additional licensing charges and understand that your server will be reimaged prior to the installation. If you've opted for Plesk, please include which license you require (10, 100 or unlimited domains). For more information on Plesk licensing, visit https://www.plesk.com/.
- How long does it take to install a control panel?
- This depends on the server and the control panel you have chosen; however, typical installations take about an hour with faster servers taking even less time.
* The offer is £100 Cloud Hosting credit when purchasing any Cloud Hosting plan using the displayed voucher code. This credit is only redeemable for 30 days following the qualifying purchase. This offer is restricted to new customers only, cannot be applied to renewals and used in conjunction with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Simply Cloud Limited. Any customers who do not use the voucher code - 100CREDIT, will receive £10 credit, this credit is only redeemable for 30 days following the qualifying purchase. All prices displayed are exclusive of VAT, please note, for EU customers VAT rates payable will be subject to your country of residence.